Sunday, January 18, 2009

ALEX

Alabama Learning Exchange which is referred to as ALEX is a website that is available to educators. On this website it provides guidelines for teaching on each subject matter for every grade level in the Courses of Study section. There are web links for teachers, administrators, and students to search found on ALEX. These web links are in various categories including but not limited to areas of study. ALEX also has a lesson plan section where you can search for lesson plans many different ways.

The professional workspace section of ALEX allows teachers to store and submit lesson plans and teacher web pages. The professional learning section is where Alabama Department of Education Program Websites are found that have various helpful items for teaching. The ACCESS DISTANCE LEARNING link provides learning opportunities for students statewide. The search ALEX/Thinkfinity database allows the search of various categories.

I feel that ALEX will be of great assistance to me when I begin teaching. There will be a lot of things that I know that I will need guidance on, and I feel that ALEX will provide me with some of that guidance. The ability to be able to create, save, and search for lesson plans is a great tool to have. The Courses of Study Link is also something that I think will be of very good use for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment