Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fischbowl 2007 Best Of

I read the month of February from the best of the Fischbowl 2007. I do agree that the concepts are more of what people should be tested on in math. I do not feel this way only about math I feel that anything that requires sometime of systematic approach should be assessed this way. I was in a math class where the teacher would look at your work that was shown, and if you got the answer wrong but she could identify where you went wrong on a step would give partial credit.

I feel that there is more gained by actually knowing how to do something rather than to memorize and forget it. A perfect example is you do not forget how to drive a car or ride a bike no matter how long of a layoff it is that you do it. When you memorize a thing for the sake of taking a test you probably will not remember it three months later. I thin that his example about building the school was also a very good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment